Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Attention Youth of 2014: Come Unto Christ!

          Last night I taught the FHE lesson at my house and since I have quite a few youth in my family, I decided to introduce this year's Mutual Theme which is "Come Unto Christ" (see Moroni 10:32). So basically I LOVE this theme! After all, this is the year of missionary work for me and the goal of a missionary is to invite other to come unto Christ. Right? So this is the video the church put out about the theme and to me it perfectly descries the scripture in Moroni.


          My favorite part of the video is when the it says "even though I'm not quite a missionary yet, I always try to share the gospel with others and let Christ's light shine through me." When I hear 'Come Unto Christ' I don't just think about letting Christ into my own life. I think of making His life become a part of my life so that others have the opportunity, through me, to see and feel His love for all of us. I don't wear a black and white name tag every day to remind everyone that I'm representing Christ. My name tag is my actions and my testimony. I'm SOOOOO excited for my full time mission!! But I'm just as excited to be a member missionary and live so that others who don't know Christ will come to know Him by knowing me.

          I 100% have a testimony of this theme. I absolutely love my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ and I cannot wait to spend 18 months serving Him. I hope 2014 inspires all of us to be more like Christ in all that we do. Come Unto Christ everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment