Saturday, June 21, 2014

WAZZZZZZZZUUPPPP!!! Missionary Training Center Week 1

Hey everyone!! (ignore my grammar and whatnot. I'm on a time crunch and I want to say a lot.)

Ok. Um. Can I just say WOW??!?!?!?!? So just so you know it's not actually my p-day. My one and only p-day here is on Thursday next week. Our branch president just wanted us to get on and make sure you know we're not dead or whatever. So. Yeah. I'm alive. Actually, I'm not just alive. I'm having THE TIME OF MY LIFE!!! (but not the Patrick Swayze kind. haha.) I'm kinda sad I only get one p-day so I can only go to the temple once. But that's ok. It's better than none.

Random note: MOOOOOMMMM!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR RIDING A MOTORCYCLE!!!! Man. You're sooo cool. :) Also you should chastise Emma for not writing me a dear elder. I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS GIRL!!!! haha just kidding. I love you hot mama babe. I hope you like my gift I left you!! Surprise! You're beautiful!!

OK. Back to the good stuff. FYI I'm here for 12 days. Well. It's already been like 4 so I'm not here very much longer. (sad day. I leave on July 1st at 2:30 am) HOLLA!! I'm super excited!! It's not very long to be here! But that's ok. I love love love the MTC and my district and my teachers. But I'll be glad to get to the great white north. :)

I don't have a ton of time to tell you stuff. I'll make sure to send you a SUPER long email next week on my one p-day. But here's just a tiny low down.

1. My companion's name is Sister Heirtzler! She's sooo beautiful and just absolutely amazing!!! She's such a blessing in my life. She's SUPER SUPER shy and quiet. Like the first day, she didn't talk. I think at all. haha. But she's slowly getting more comfortable at least with me and now I can honestly say I just love her so much and I'm gonna miss her! #BestFriendsForLife

2. Sister H and I were called as Zone Sister Trainer Leaders on Thursday!!! OUR SECOND DAY!!!!! So yeah. I'm kinda nervous and SUPER PUMPED! It's exciting. It means on Wednesday I will get to give orientation to all the newbies!!! It's gonna be sa-weet!

3. The rumors are true. Don't drink the orange juice. *lotsofsadness*

4. I have like NO time to think about basically anything except missionary work. Now I totally know what Jeff was talking about when he was like "I wanna write you but I am pretty busy." Haha. Yeah. NO joke!! SOOOO MUCH BUSINESS!!!! But it's awesome I love it! I've never loved being perpetually exhausted sooo much!

5. I'm writing you a letter. PLEASE KEEP SENDING ME LETTERS AND DEAR ELDERS AND STUFF!!! EMMA, WHY HAVEN'T YOU SENT ME A LETTER YET?!?!?!?!??!?!?I NEED YOU MY BESTIE!!!!!!

6. I had the most experience yesterday with Sister H. We were teaching our investigator Kaitlyn and we were pretty scare cause our first time contacting her was a complete failure. But this time was incredible. The spirit was so strong. Holy cow. Long story short: we were all in tears. Even Kaitlyn. And we challenged her to pray to know her relationship with God. Oh man. It was SOOOO AMAZING. After we left her, Sister H and I just giggled and danced around for like 10 minutes cause we were so overwhelmed with the spirit and happiness in our only success so far!!! :) haha. Man. This is hard. I love it!!!

7. I saw Mark Chatterton today. I totally didn't know he was going on a mission but on my way to the gym, he saw me and was like, "hey Sarah! oh. uh. I mean hey Sister Whiting." haha. It was so weird he remembered me but after we talked I got sooo happy that he was on a mission!!!! There is so much love from the Lord. Oh man. I'm feeling it.

I'll tell you later about my teachers. They're superb!!! Like Emily Coleman superb. Also, all my investigators and stuff. They're so sweet! Except sometimes not! haha. :)

My district leader had to go to the ER last night!!! :( So scary. We made him a card. He's ok but he might get surgery. Like gall bladder or appendix or whatevs. :( GOOD THING WE'RE LEARNING ABOUT PRAYER RIGHT NOW!!!! haha. but seriously.

The MTC presidency is sooooooooooo cool!!! And completely adorable. But whatevs. They totally know exactly how we felt on our first day and they said the PERFECT things to get us all ready to move into missionary life. BTW sorry I didn't look back when you dropped me off like you said you wanted me to. But I was so excited and I didn't want to make it like you'll never see me again. Cause you will. So. Yeah. #SorryNotSorry.

OK yeah. Whoa. Sorry I'm so random. But for reals. There is waaaaaay to much to talk about!! I love you all so so so so much!!!

One thing. I was told that i would feel the spirit of the MTC the second I got there. But I totally didn't. It's kinda weird at first cause you weave in and out of rooms stopping at all these stations to get stuff like your name tag and whatnot. And so it's more crazy. But then we all get together as new missionaries and sing "Called to Serve" and then listen to the MTC presidency talk. It got really powerful when they asked all the missionaries to stand and sing "Army of Helaman" because they changed the words. So instead of singing that "we will be the Lord's missionaries" we sang, "We are NOW the Lord's missionaries" and so on. Man. Not a dry eye in the room!!!!! It's sooo great!!! :)

I just want you all to know that I have the most hardcore solid for sure testimony of this gospel. NOTHING could persuade me that it's not true. I just know know know it is true. I love this MTC. I know the Lord is blessing me to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. I already feel his hand in my life!!! It's incredible. I love you!!!! WRITE ME!!! Sorry for the randomness and the lack of answered questions. I'll get a whole hour on p-day!!!! :) Love you all so so so so much!!

Love,

Sister Whiting

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Love Sister Whiting's blog! She sounds like she's doing awesome and loving missionary life. She's such a great missionary. Thanks for sharing...ps, it brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete