Monday, August 11, 2014

Transfer Week

Well. I've officially been in Canada for a whole transfer! WHAT?!?!?! Seriously. This is blasphemy. Time is being crazy and I do NOT like it! SLOOOWWW DOOOWWWWWNNN!!!

I'm not being transferred! SURPRISE! haha. I've got 6 more weeks of training and then I will officially NOT be a greenie any more. It means Sister J is here with me for 6 more weeks and then she'll probably leave cause she's been in Greenfield for FOREVER! It's gonna be crazy. Everything is crazy. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Anyways. This week was amazing. Crazy amazing.

I. ATE. KIMCHI.

You never thought it would happen, did you? Well it did!! And I LIKED IT!

The pictures do not really show that I liked it, but that's because you do have to get used to the taste. But then I liked it and had seconds! :)

J made it for us before English class along with Korean ramen and Korean pancakes. She found out a week ago that I'd never had kimchi and so she got all excited and invited us to have supper with her before class this week. It was sooo delicious. I loved it. And I love her. SOOOOOO much. I'm soooooooooo excited for when she gets to go through the temple! :) I LOVE YOU J!

Anyways. That was fun. And I feel pretty proud of myself for trying Kimchi.

The sad part about transfers is that some of my favorite missionaries are going home. Namely Sister Graham. She is the bestest, most beautiful, wonderful missionary in my district. And her 18 months are over. So on Monday we had a lunch date with them and then on Thursday we had a picnic with them and J. It was super fun.

Also the Rutherford Sisters and Sister J and I sang a musical number at Zed-T-M on Thursday! We sang "How Will They Know" from the primary songbook with some of the words changed so that it's more missionary-ish. It was soo beautiful. Those sisters have amazing voices and the spirit definitely filled the room. I love music.

This week was kinda focused on service. Mostly because we got a non-member referral for a lady named J. She didn't like us at first but eventually asked us to help her do some yard work. What we thought would be some weeding ended up being a several week project cleanup. So that's pretty much what we did every day with the Elders. I'm really excited to see what it will look like when we're done!

What's more important than the finished look of her yard, is the finished look of J. She was really not into the idea of missionaries cleaning her yard at first. But after like a week of cleaning, she actually comes outside to talk to us a whole bunch. Granted, she doesn't like to talk about the gospel, but her heart has softened so much! And she's such a sweet lady! I'm really excited to become better friends with her through service and hopefully in the future through the gospel.

SERVICE IS SO GREAT!

Oh yeah. I forgot. After English class, this INSANE lightning storm came of nowhere on our way home. Like there was lightning flashing and lighting up the entire sky at LEAST every 45 seconds. And the wind was crazy. And there were tornado warnings. But we were stuck at the bus stop with the Elders. So we said a little prayer and got soaking wet. And we ended up getting home safe. WET. but safe. It was scary but mostly to me it was super fun. I loveed it. I guess I should have been more scared but we prayed. So I knew Heavenly Father wasn't going to let us get struck. :) #PrayersAreAnswered

Now. I have some crazy cool news. Remember how last week I said Y was no more? Well now, SHE'S ON DATE FOR BAPTISM!!!!!!!!! IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't know how it happened. She texted us the other day during our morning study and asked us to come over and talk to her cause she hadn't seen us in a while. And I am sad to admit that Sister J and I were, to say the least, less than excited to go over. Let's just say that we did some HARDCORE praying and HARDCORE studying.

While we were frantically trying to prepare for her, Sister J was like "we should talk about baptism". And I was like "WHAT?!?!?!" She totally doesn't like baptism. But we decided to talk to her about baptism. So we went over there, and we actually took control of the lesson. And we prayed and invited the spirit. And then we explained to her about baptism. And obedience. And then she said she wanted to be baptized as soon as possible. :O

I. ALMOST. DIED.

It was crazy. I've never had a miracle so crazy before. But we talked to her. And prayed more. And then we left. And prayed some more. And now we are going to have a baptism this transfer!

If that is not a testimony builder of prayer and faith, I don't know what is. The Lord truly prepares people. Even when we don't see it.

Oh man.

Ok. Also we got a new investigator. It's D. She's amazing. I already told you that. But she's even more amazing now than she was last week. The Spanish Elders who referred her to us gave her a Book of Mormon. So the other day, we stopped by to see if she'd read any of it. She was just like "yeah. I've finished 1 Nephi and I'm almost done with 2 Nephi." Then she proceeded to tell us the whole story of 1 Nephi and how the brothers were super mean to Nephi. Oh man!!!! It was sooo cool!!! So we related it to her and she thought it was cool that she had similar experiences to the people in the book. :) Then she was like "you should have supper with me all the time. and you can do your laundry over here every week. I know it's expensive. i will help you."

:) I love her. SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

I also love her daughter Sv. She totally has the same name as my favorite ballerina. :) Just saying. AND she's an UNBELIEVABLY TALENTED painter. Like. We're talking Greg Olsen good except with landscape paintings. She is like what I wish I was. She is incredible. And she was like "I could paint you something if you want". AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I could cry with how much I love these 2 ladies. They're the best. And they love the gospel! And probably they're gonna get baptized!!!!! :)

So it was good. This week was good. Really good. :)

I just have to tell you one last thing!

This week, I have been studying the life of Jesus Christ. And of all the things He was and all the things He did, the thing that stuck out to me the most, was His humility. I want SO BADLY to be more like the Savior. I pray every day and night to be more like Him. But this week I realized that what sets Him apart is His humility. His humility allowed Him to have the pure gift of charity, love, service, patience, obedience, etc. He reached out when the natural man would reach in.

And so this week I've been praying for humility.

I know what you're thinking. DON'T PRAY FOR HUMILITY! YOU'LL JUST GET A BIG TRIAL!

Well. So be it. I want to be like the Savior, MORE than I want to have an easy life.

I cannot have success as a missionary without the Savior. I need Him. AND I need to be more like Him.

I love this. Can I just say that? I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK!!!! It's soooo hard! But I'm grateful for the challenge that forces me to become better.

I love you all! Have a miraculous week!

Sister Whiting

Before the Kimchi

After the Kimchi

Missionaries love rain!

This is what planning looks like

Art for the apartment courtesy of Emma - Love it!!

My inspiration wall by my desk

No comments:

Post a Comment