Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I Praise the Love That Makes Me Whole Again!

WHAT A WEEK!!! Holy smokes!! Lots happened.

We drove to the city last Monday night so we could sleep in the mission home before zone conference. But we got lost on the way there. And we misunderstood the directions Sister Manion gave us to find our way back. So we got stuck behind a train for 30 minutes. Haha. What a gong show! But we made it there safely!! And it was so fun to stay there! and...

I GOT TO SEE SISTER WARR!!!!! haha. It was so exciting that I had to put it in the email. haha

Zone conference was really good. We talked about the heart and how our hearts can be broken, changed, healed, turned and filled with love through the Savior, Jesus Christ. With that we talked about family history and how we can turn the hearts of our investigators to their fathers! :) It was so cool! I love how the Lord really does work through our hearts to teach us and strengthen us.

It made me realized how much I love the Sacrament. I tell everyone that they can turn to Christ and be made whole but sometimes I think that I don't have that same privilege. But that's soo not true!!! I can repent and start fresh every single week!!! Repentance is so amazing that way!! I love the plan that our Heavenly Father has made for us!! :) It's so sweet!!

After making it back to Drayton, we discovered in our area book that we had 89 former investigator forms. That's right. 89!! So we decided we need to contact ALL of them!!!! :D As we've done this, we've found quite a few that are still interested in being taught! Hooray!!! So we've got a few more people to teach!

Random tender mercy time.

There's this girl that we meet every week to help her with her math homework. And this last week when we went to see her, she told us that she scored 89% on both of her last math tests!!!! (this is a huge deal. she was getting like 23%) So then she told all her friends that the sister missionaries tutor her. :) HOLLA!! So yeah. We felt pretty proud of our nerd skills. But also for the cool finding that happened. #TenderMercy

We also started teaching a part member family that we had only heard about from the past missionaries. S and Y. He's from Tonga and she's from somewhere in Canada. They're' sooooo funny!!!!!! We went over and he just kept trying to feed us! But we had just had supper so we kept saying no thanks. Finally he was like "You won't eat!!! I think you're racist!!!" We kinda awkwardly were like "uh. uh. no. no we're not." But then he just started laughing super loud. haha He's like the guy from "The Other Side of Heaven" haha.

But he came to church!!! So that was soooooooo exciting!!!!!!!

Yesterday was National Family Day. Yes. Canada has that. Probably everyone should have that. It should be INTERNATIONAL Family Day. But whatevs. #FreeAgency

We got to go ice fishing. It was so scary!! :O And cool. the ice on the lake was about 2 feet thick plus there was about 8 inches of snow on top. So we DROVE onto the lake.

That's right. In a truck. WE DROVE ONTO A LAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

I was practically screaming the whole time I was so scared. The members who took us just laughed at my wimpiness. :) haha. It was fun though. We didn't catch any fish but we saw some! It was pretty crazy! haha and cold.

Now. The other day was crazy. Let me tell you about it.

We went to the church during lunch to practice our songs we're doing for the musical fireside. Somehow while we were there, we accidentally locked our phone in the library. So we went to the branch president's house for the key. While we were driving, we had the windows down and a guy drove by and splashed a HUGE puddle in the window onto Sister J and the entire inside of the car practically. Yuck.

After like a 2 hour gong show, we finally got back to missionary work. We went to try a former investigator. We got there RIGHT AS HE GOT HOME! But only for a brief moment before he had to leave again!

If we hadn't had that gong show, we would have gone to his house while he wasn't there!!!!!

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON!!!!!

Seriously it's all just a big fat testimony that God really is there and he LOVES us!!! Jesus Christ knows when we're going through a gong show! He helps us! He makes it all ok! This gospel really does bless families! IT'S ALL TRUE FOR PETE's SAKE!!!!!!!!

"And now, my brethren, I would that ye should hear me, for I speak in the energy of my soul..."

"...For I am called to speak after this manner, according to the holy order of God, which is in Christ Jesus; yea, I am commanded to stand and testify unto this people the things which have been spoken by our fathers concerning the things which are to come."

"And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?"

"Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me."

That is my testimony. I hope you all know. This is so important!! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!

Love ya!!
Sister Whiting

Email time

Zone Conference - got to see Sister Warr

Winter again

Makin' Valentine cookies to take to people

Drivin'

Amelia and Carrie Fishing

Ice Fishing with Amelia and Carrie


It is SO COLD!!!

Check out our fishing shelter

ICE FISHING!!

Family Day Festival - This should be an international holiday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment