Saturday, May 30, 2015

He That Sent Me Is With Me

 Editor's Note: Today is Sister Whiting's birthday. She sent this letter on Tuesday, but I am finally getting around to updating her blog for her birthday. Wish I were making her favorite Eggs Benedict right now... In a few months,...  If you have a minute, please send her a birthday note to brighten her week.

If there's ever been a time when I really felt like God is watching over me, it's been THIS WEEK. So much has happened and it's all been so miraculous and crazy. Oh man.

God totally spoke to me this week through 1 Peter. SO. HUMBLING. Here's what happened:

So my investigator C from Drayton Valley was scheduled to get baptized on my birthday. But that wasn't going to work so he scheduled it for the 29th. I got permission to go. It was great. But then I found out that iPad MLC is that day and it goes from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. So I wouldn't be able to go!!! To say I was freaking out would be an understatement. At mission conference I sat by Sister Jones and we were FREAKING OUT.

*side note* Those of you who know me, understand that I am naturally quite dramatic. But this was significantly sadder. I was, like, actually in distress. Or at least I thought I was.....

Then on Sunday, during the sacrament, I opened up my scriptures to find something to share with members for a referral. I flipped open the book and it opened to 1 Peter 4:12-13.

"12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."

Yeah. I think that says it all. From that point on I was a little more relaxed. God understands. Then I found out that they pushed the baptism for the weekend AFTER. And C emailed me to make sure that Sister Jones and I would be there. So it's all good. :)

I went on exchanges again. This time it was with Sister Bramwell serving in Red Deer. It was soo great. Just soo crazy. We exchanged the day before mission conference so we had to run around like crazy people for a while trying to make sure we had everything done that we need before our training.

So yeah. We had a conference with the whole mission. Elder Brent Nielson of the seventy and Brother Mills (who's in charge of the 14 international MTCs) came to train us for the upcoming iPads. It was sooo good!!!! 4 solid hours of deep, deep training about digital missionary work, online safeguards and other swell topics of that nature.

I'm getting my iPad on Friday at MLC.

What. Is. Life.

It's going to be totally great I'm sure. It just means I won't get to decorate a cute paper planner every 6 weeks anymore. :( haha but if that's the only downside...cool!!!)

I read in Jesus the Christ the other day and this really stood out to me:

"And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."

I feel like I finally understand this. I'm am sent here to do what Christ would do. I have been called of God to be His representative. So as I do His will, He is with me. :) And this week, as I've been striving even more than usual to do His will at all times, I have seen His hand in my life and in the work. I'm so grateful for this!

Love,
Sister Whiting

p.s. Since I get an iPad, a baptism and sunshine for my birthday, I think I can forgive the rest of you for not emailing me. ;) 
Beautiful Flowers all over town
Tan Lines!!!!
(I thought of sending you a picture of Sister Cardona's foot to tell you I am tan, but I know I will never be brown. Haha!!)


So Pretty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment