Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Pray Always and ...Faint

Happy almost Canada Day everyone!!!!!!!!! It's been super hot lately (and by hot, I mean about 85 F. Since I've acclimatized, I'm pretty much dying of heat stroke). So I hope you're all enjoying the swimming pools and air conditioning that I don't have here in Millwoods. haha

I took a greenie on her first exchange this week!! Her name is Sister Van Vleet from Idaho. We got together and she was like "have we met before?" After a while we might have figured out that we did pre-ballet together at Ballet Idaho. haha. Small world.

While we were on exchanges, we decided to go to our former investigator's house to wish her a happy birthday. We showed up and there was also a member of our ward there. So we stood in the front of her house and talked for a while.

As we were talking, I started to feel a bit light-headed, so I shifted my weight, and bent my knees a little, hoping it would go away. After I did that, my vision got really blurry and everyone's voices got muted. I pretty much was freaking out. But the conversation was going really well and I didn't want to be rude and ask to leave. So I prayed in my heart that Heavenly Father would give me strength to continue. It was not long after that, that I blacked out completely and fell over. After a few seconds, I woke up laying in the member's arms. Poor Sister Van Vleet. I scared her so bad.

I've thought a lot about this experience this week. Besides the fact that it was the weirdest feeling ever, this experience taught me a deep spiritual lesson. Why didn't God give me the strength that I prayed for? It was a righteous desire to want the strength to continue serving. I had full faith that God could give me the strength I needed. What I learned, was the importance of accepting God's will for us.

Elder Bednar said, "Strong faith in the Savior is submissively accepting of His will and timing in our lives—even if the outcome is not what we hoped for or wanted". Sometimes I have the attitude that my faith is dependent upon the outcomes I want. This week I've been striving to find that balance between fully believing, and being submissive enough to go forward with whatever happens. I don't know why I needed to faint at this point, perhaps is was just to teach me this principle that I wouldn't learn any other way. But it was an interesting blessing that I'm so grateful for.

On Saturday we had another experience to accept the Lord's will. haha On our way home from MLC, we got a flat tire!! Fortunately the Elders were able to come put on the spare in time for us to go help at a wedding. Then yesterday we took the car to Kal Tire to get it fixed and it was a G-O-N-G S-H-O-W. haha oh man. What fluff. We tried soo hard to make it productive......#NoInvestigatorsInKalTire

The wedding was sooooooooooo fun though. It was an African wedding so there were all sorts of dancers and yummy food and bright costumes. :) I've never seen the cultural hall look so wonderful!! Sister Cardona says I should have an African wedding even if I don't marry an African cause I was soooo happy while we were there. The best part though was that the father of the bride gave us a bunch of referrals!!!!!!!!! :D So that was great. We like going to part-member weddings.

All in all it's been a pretty great week. Tomorrow we're going to volunteer at a sweet Canada Day festival. I'll probably get sunburned a little. And we get free t-shirts. :)

LOVE YOU ALL!!
Sister Whiting

Note from the editor: I may have freaked a little over the fainting story. Here is her response:

haha It's ok, mom. Sorry. hahahaha. I'm actually really good about drinking water. After I talked about it with Sister Manion, we decided I'm probably really low on iron. I hardly ever get red meat in my missionary diet. So she was like "Sister Whiting. You and Sister Cardona need to go get some Buddy Burgers from A&W right after this." sooooo. fast food=justified haha



#noinvestigatorsinKalTire
Elders to the rescue

Who wouldn't want to knock on this door?

June 27, 2015 MLC
We mostly focused on increasing our spirituality. We studied how we feel the spirit and such of that nature. Then we talked about leading as the Saviour would lead. There's a Preach My Gospel activity on page 96-97 where you read about the Spirit in the scriptures, and then you write down experiences you had feeling the Spirit in those ways. We were challenged to do that and it's been amazing!!! :)
Exchanges - Sorry for scaring her!
...







No comments:

Post a Comment