Tuesday, August 11, 2015

#TurningPoint

“And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” Ether 12:27

This week was a turning point for me. For the rest of my mission, I am at an all new level of consecration, obedience, and charity. Here's why:

Our investigator T had us over a few times this week. She is such a sweetheart. She has like a bazillion dogs. And she's so ready for the gospel. Meeting with her, I realized how important it is for me to live so I can teach her by the spirit.

We also got a new investigator named Z. She's soooooooooooooooooooo great. She's from Ethiopia. HOLLA HOLLA. When we went to teach her, the spirit was so strong, she told us about ALL her friends that she wants us to teach as well. HOLLA HOLLA.

I got to go on exchanges with Sister Bramwell from California who I LOOOOOVE!! She is super solid. I learned soooooooooooooo much from her. Including but not limited to: Riverside is super hot; Parker will love Riverside; etc. haha. Yeah. Good luck bro.

What does this have to do with Ether 12:27 or turning points? Well it seems like the closer I get to the end of my mission, the more anxiety I feel for the welfare of the souls of these people. Every day it's like constant urgency to work hard. BUT despite this, the natural man is STILL an enemy to God. In fact, the closer I get to being a consecrated missionary, the MORE temptation I face. (For example the desire to stay in the grocery store to listen to the Beyonce song that's playing...)

To avoid a rant, I'll just say I'm sick and tired of Satan.

SO.

This is the turning point. From now on, it's time for ULTRA CONSECRATED FIGHT THE POWER SUPER FANTASTICALLY SPIRITUAL DIE HARD MISSIONARY. Yeah.

The good part is that through the Atonement of Christ, I absolutely believe with all my heart that I can overcome my weaknesses. "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people."

"And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
"Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me."

:)

Now. Funny story, awkward story combo.

Once upon a time we had a free car wash to help people see the church in action. We gave church tours while the Elders washed cars. It was great. But then R showed up. If you remember R, he's from India and he LOOOOVES yoga. He also is super sketchy as it turns out. At the end of our church tour, he gave each of us what appeared to be a blessing (without the priesthood) and then gave me and Sister Burton a kiss on the cheek. Twice. I don't think I've ever felt so uncomfortable. Haha. Needless to say, we passed him to the Elders in Hillview.

Isn't my companion beautiful?!

Haha well. Have a swell week. Love y'all.
Sister Whiting

Hillview Sisters

At the Carwash!!!!


"For the Beauty of the Skies"

Sister Bramwell

The real sunset a few days ago. Oh, how I love the Canadian sky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment