Tuesday, September 22, 2015

It's a NEW DAWN!! It's a NEW DAY!!

The view driving in Edmonton
#yesijustsangthesongfromSpirit #horsemovies #noshame

This email is gonna be short cause we have like ZERO time to email this week. Why? Because Sister Wilson and I moved out of our batcave today and upgraded to a house!!! HOORAY! Yeah. It's like. So. Nice. I'll send pics once we're done unpacking. :)

Funny story about moving in:
So. We're moving into a house that has members living in the basement. The members didn't want to live upstairs....so it's like our house with basement guests...haha. Anyways. This member is so sweet. Kinda nutso. But sooo sweet. The whole time we were moving stuff in, she was dancing around us making weird comments about how much stuff we have. haha. Then she taught us how to recycle and threatened to steal our beds... :) So yeah. I'm stoked. haha

This week I went on the best exchange of my life. I got to go be in a YSA ward for the day with Sister Kunz. SHE'S AMAZING!!!!! I love her so so much. I know that as an STL, I'm supposed to be there to really help the sisters around me, but she helped me more than I helped her I think. So she was totally my STL for the day.

While on exchanges we got the chance to teach one of their investigators named D. She's had a HARD LIFE. So you can tell there are some struggles there. When you look at her, there's no depth in her eyes. Like. It's really hard to describe but she just looks empty. Honestly we're not really sure about her. But as we taught her, we could clearly tell she was feeling the spirit. As we testified of Jesus Christ's love for her, you could see light come to her eyes and fill her.
I love when I get a chance to see the fulfillment of the scriptures:

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
John 8:12

The rest of the week was pretty much the same as always except that we spent a large portion of our weekend deep cleaning our batcave. (literally the ward calls it that. funny, hey?) It was fun.

In relief society, we had the BEWARE OF PRIDE lesson. haha. oh man. That lesson is like a big slap in the face with a slice of humble pizza. The sad part is, Sunday morning before church, I came across the talk "Repent of Our Selfishness" by Neal A. Maxwell. So I had the same rebuke about being prideful. TWICE. #messagereceived

So yeah. That's what I'll be working on this week and the rest of my life. Sounds fun, hey? haha. Life is good.
I really love being a missionary right now. It feels soooo urgent. Because, well, IT IS! So it's really great to be busy doing the Lord's work here. And I love Glen Allan. :)

Well. Gotta go! Supper time! And it's Sister Wilson's birthday today, so I gotta go surprise her with more exciting stuff. :) I already got to say, "For your birthday, you get a NEEWW HOUSE!" How am I going to top that???
Wish me luck.

Love,
Sister Whiting
Happy birthday, Sister Wilson!
Sister Kunz and me eating brownies in mugs

Me. Sister Kunz. Beautiful trees. Leaves all around. #theseareafewofmyfavouritethings

Happy Autumn

Sunset from the bridge

Soooooo Beautiful!!!

Our bat cave was cold. But our new home is so warm!! :)

Driving around

Our district chose what Star Wars characters we would all be. :) haha! I'm Luke Skywalker.

Members who fed us yesterday surprised Sister Wilson with a birthday cake.


Just enjoy my companion in fancy pants. haha!

Random. Haha
Good mornin.

I like this! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment