Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Let's Get Baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Happy Autumn!!


"One missionary is to stand outside the vehicle and direct the driver whenever he or she is backing."
I found the camera :-)


Exchanges with Sister Moser



What a week! Sheesh. This email will probs be waaaaay too long. haha.

We had mission tour this week. Remember how that happened last year? Basically it's when a general authority comes to speak to the mission ALL DAY and make sure we're all bein legit. So this year it was Elder Christoffel Golden. He's from South Africa. He is a member of the 1st quorum of the seventy. He likes missionary work, and he's a Mormon. (jk. sorry. terrible joke.)

So anyways. He said some pretty great stuff. (He also rebuked the heck out of us, but hey! We needed it!) His overall goal was to help our mission increase the number of baptisms each year so he talked a lot about teaching skills and faith. My favourite thing he said was:

"If you believe in someone, it's a self-fulfilling prophesy. If you believe in them, they will respond."

Quite right Elder Golden, quite right. 


Anyways, I also really like Sister Manion's training! She talked about being missionaries that work so "that we may stand blameless before God at the last day" from the Doctrine and Covenants. That's what I'm trying to do. I really truly want to serve God with all my heart, with all my might, with all my mind and with all my strength.

My other favourite thing was a quote from Winston Churchill #wiseturtle #onlyemmaknows
He said something like this:
"The future of mankind depends on our actions. We have not failed and we will not fail now. Let us move steadfastly into the storm."
For some reason I just love that. We can't shrink or shun the fight for right! We can't let the gospel of Jesus Christ be lost. This week I will move steadfastly into the storm.

In addition to mission tour, we had a pretty crazy week. We got to go on exchanges with the Forest Heights sisters. I went with Sister Moser who was trained by my THE BEST SISTER JONES IN THE WORLD. It was Uh-mazing. Seriously. So great. 

Forest Heights is right in downtown Edmonton. It's beautiful. Sister Moser is pretty much the most amazing sister ever. I love her. She's training a new missionary right now, so naturally she's feeling quite inadequate. But we had the coolest moment. 

As we were walking along, I noticed a cool lookout spot with a gorgeous view. So we walked over there, and as we looked out, I felt SO much love for Sister Moser. Like. God's love. So I told her that. I told her how much He loves her. He's proud of her. It was just really great. It was technically helping her, but it really helped me.

The lookout spot in Forest Heights.
We got the chance to help our potential investigator J organize one of her rooms the other day. We practically had to beg her to let us do service for her. But she's happy we did. Her reaction was EXACTLY like on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Literally. Hahaha. I should have filmed it. (and as it turns out, I enjoy cleaning. like a LOT. So it helped me as much as it helped her!!) 

[Wow. Now Mom is REALLY excited to have her home!!]

We ALSO got to go help clean out a chicken barn for some less active members. I was kinda hoping we'd get to actually see chickens. (I told Sister Wilson how much I love gutting them...) But all we ended up doing was sweep for like 5 hours. haha. so great. #backpain #gettinold

The best thing that happened this week was probably yesterday. We started off our day checking facebook to see if any of our friends like us. And GUESS WHAT?!?!?!

Remember Pierre? Our Fb investigator????

HE GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Pierre's Baptism picture
Seriously. He did. He sent us a message on Friday that was like "If this will bring me closer Jesus than I'm ready. Let's get baptized!!!!!" (that's literally what he said haha) So we were kinda like...ok....but he legit did. He sent us pics from his baptism. He used the church locator and has been attending church for the past 2 weeks. He met the missionaries there and was taught all the lessons in a week. And now he's baptized. 

:O

Yeah. We pretty much freaked out. We're baptizing missionaries!!!!! Except...not really. But kinda!!! We taught him!!!!! And it's only been like 3 weeks! What a miracle. Oh man. I got to write his name in my PMG. :) haha so great. It was great.

So yeah. It's been pretty great. I've been kinda freaking out a whole bunch lately. It's like my "I-only-have-3-months-left-where-has-the-time-gone-what-have-i-even-accomplished" freak out. So. That's unfortunately a thing. But even in little insignificant stuff like that, I know God cares. He's given me so many tender mercies!! :D And I'm sure grateful for that!

"I have beheld his glory, and I am encircled about eternally in the arms of his love...
...Awake, [Sister Whiting]; put on the armor of righteousness. Shake off the chains with which ye are bound, and come forth out of obscurity, and arise from the dust."
-2 Nephi 1:15,23

I love being a missionary.

Sister Whiting
It's Fall!!

Our favorite pond in Glen Allen (Except, in Canada, they call them lakes.)
Sister Moser and Me.
NBD Just livin in Paradise. Sherwood Park is GORGEOUS!!All the streets are lined with big, beautiful trees and lakes everywhere.


Out in nature with Sister Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment