Monday, October 19, 2015

My Fair Lady

October 13, 2015 

I need to tell you about my companion!!!!

Her name is Sister McSweeney. She is from Rugby, England. (it's where the sport was invented) She is 21 and loves missionary work. She has lots of energy and still needs to learn the difference between a loonie and a toonie. haha. She's really great!

Also I might not be able to send pictures cause my iPad isn't working....


Well I never expected a language barrier with a British companion!! But what do ya know?! I've never learned so many crazy words! Despite the fact that I am serving a mission in Canada, I might come home sounding like Eliza Doolittle right after she's been refined. The other night as I knelt down for my personal prayer, I noticed that in my head I was praying in a British accent.....hahaha I was like "ooops. sorry. not trying to mock here!" So yeah. Sister McSweeney is helping me become more English. :) #Poshspice #HolyCricket #TheraininSpainstaysmainlyontheplain #biblevideoMary #thelistgoeson

This week was crazy saying goodbye to Sister Wilson 2.0. But guess what?! SHE'S MY STL!! Hooray! haha. So that's exciting.

At church on Sunday a MAJOR MIRACLE happened!! We sat down in sunday school next to a lady who will be feeding us supper later this week. She told us that a nonmember just moved into her basement and literally told her that she thinks it's time she learn from the Mormons. So. When we go to supper this week, she'll be there and we will teach her.
:O
I love referrals. Oh man. So that was great. Also. We got another referral from the Spanish elders (who are now very special to me since my lil bro is totally a Spanish elder!!!!!) We also got to see almost all our people this week. And we're going to start teaching way more people. It's like our area is experiencing greenie fire or something..:)

This morning we had the opportunity to go to the temple. :) I LOVE to see the temple. If nothing else brings me peace or joy in this life, the temple ALWAYS brings me peace and joy.

We also had the chance to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving! We decided that since most of the people we're working with just need to know they're loved, we "thank attacked" everyone's doors! (it's like heart attacking but with pumpkins and turkeys instead of hearts) It was really fun to sneak up and decorate our investigators and less actives doors.

It was also fun for me to just realize how much I have to be thankful for!!
I'm so grateful for the members of the Glen Allan ward. They are amazing to us.
I'm thankful for my family who support me in my mission work.
I'm thankful for Sister McSweeney who made the decision to come serve a mission despite the challenges that come.
I'm thankful for President and Sister Manion who love me and take care of me even though I'm a crazy sister missionary who may or may not know how to train a new missionary!
I'm thankful for the lady who lives in our basement who does our laundry every week.
I'm thankful for all the people I've met whilst in Canada. They have shaped who I am now.

Most of all, I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know Jesus Christ is my Saviour and Redeemer. He lives and loves me. Because of Him, I can live again. I can feel comfort in sorrow. I can be forgiven and improve.
I LOVE my Saviour. I love him. And I'm thankful for what He has done for all of us.

I love you guys. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Sister Whiting

Sister Whiting couldn't share any pix last week so I am adding this one again that I found on my missionary mom FB page. Hopefully she got the bugs worked out for this week's email.


No comments:

Post a Comment