Saturday, October 10, 2015

Sunshine On My Shoulders Makes Me Happy

Sept 29, 2015 Letter
I found this flower in our yard. It looks like sunshine!
 Ya know, after a while it starts to get really hard to come up with a creative beginning to my emails. Haha. So sorry. ;) Wanna hear about this week? (As if you had a choice lol)

So this week was super happy. Like. I am SO happy this week!! Why? Because there is...SUNSHINE!!!!!

Yeah. That's right. So before our move last week, we had like zero sunshine in our house. And it didn't seem to effect me so much, until we moved into a house WITH sunlight. This week I've been so happy and energetic and it's GREAT!!! Turns out I was supposed to start taking my Vitamin D pills way sooner than I thought..... Haha.

So yeah. I love the sun.
But you wanna know what else I love?
I love the Son of God.

This sounds super cheesy but it's a real story of wonderful spiritual enlightenment. #tendermercy So don't hate. 

There is a road in Sherwood Park called Baseline. It runs East to West. Every evening when we are driving around, we always end up on Baseline driving into the sunset. It is so beautiful. I mean like PHENOMENALLY gorgeous. :) It seems like every evening I comment on how gorgeous the sunset it. 

This week, there was one day in particular that really helped me come closer to my Saviour. As we drove into the sunset, my mind was filled with countless scriptures about the Son who is the Light of the world:
  • "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12
  • "And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you" 1 Nephi 17:13
  • "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." Mosiah 16:9
  • "...the light which did light up his mind, which was the light of the glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness--yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul..." Alma 19:6

ALL THINGS TESTIFY OF CHRIST

This week was also really good because we got to help out with the food drive!!! The Strathcona food bank says this year the Glen Allan Ward donated 96% more food than last year!!! That's almost double!!! It was really fun because they weren't expecting much food (based on last year) so they just asked us and a couple from the ward to help sort it all. But the "hour and a half" job became a 4 hour job!!! So lots of members who came to donate stayed to help. It was so chaotic but in a joyful way. Hearts were touched and I felt JOY.

I went on exchanges with Sister Platter. She's my bud in Millwoods. So that was nice. Except that I totally got sick at the end so we had our interview in the washroom.....haha awkward.

We had supper with our new investigator J. She's sooooooo sweet. I've adopted her as my mission grandmother. She made us banana split cheesecake. And she is amazing. And I love her. The spirit is already totally in her home. We just need to help her increase in gospel knowledge. :) I'm really looking forward to general conference this weekend. I can totally put my money on the prophet to invite the spirit. ;)

Our other investigator K came to women's conference!!!! The talks were seriously all written for her. It was crazy. On the car ride to the church, she was telling us all these thoughts and problems she's having, and then the talks PERFECTLY ANSWERED EVERYTHING!!!!! She totally loves President Uchtdorf. :) I'm really excited about her.

So yeah. I'm just happy. Life is good when you're being a missionary. :)
But now I have to go bleach my house cause it's like totally gross. Haha

Love y'all!!
Sister Whiting

Our beautiful lake

Sister Platter and me.
Our beautiful lake

This is President Manion's favourite place in the mission to get donair. So we tried it. 

Exchanges

This is the living room in our new house

My nutty companion

Literally everyone here thinks we are twins.

Us on district meeting day waiting for our sister to respond.

"Is this not the MOST adorably wonderful picture you've ever seen?!?! 
It's from a phenomenal book called "The Great Plan of Happiness" by David Bowman
We found this cool place in our area!

Banana Split Cake
Don't worry. I wasn't going to go swimming. It was waaaaay too freezing.

#twins #sisters #butreallythough

This random cat liked us. It even posed for the picture. haha
Weekly planning
My planner cover

No comments:

Post a Comment