Wednesday, October 28, 2015

"The Tender Mercies of the Lord are over all"

I don't have a bunch of time to email this week cause we're going to spend the day with some members! :) It's actually our Ward mission leader's sister and dad. They want to give us a "tour of the town" lol!

So we're frantically trying to email!!!

This week. Let's see. Well. Our 2 progressing investigators dropped us. So. That's a sad experience. We didn't even have any chocolate to eat in mourning lol. 

But all joking aside it was really sad. It brought me back to DV days when we just barely got Sister Morrison and our progressing investigators all dropped us in like a day.
Sheesh!!!!! 
There's nothing like investing your life, thoughts, deeds and prayers into people only to have them dump you like yesterday's oatmeal.

The only difference is that when this happened in DV, I was sad for me. I was sad cause I wouldn't get to teach them and I wouldn't get to see them progress. This time, it felt almost worse because I was sad for the Lord. I can only imagine how He feels when His children turn away from him. It just breaks my heart.

"But behold, I, Sister Whiting, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."

This week, despite that sad stuff, we saw so many tender mercies!!!

  • We had our primary program this Sunday and it was soooooo good!!! 
  • Lots of people came to church that day.
  • We got to watch "The Prophet of the Restoration" with K on Saturday. After it finished, she launched into this big rant about how Joseph Smith was inspired and how she gets so frustrated when people let Satan lead them to believe otherwise. She told us she believes that what he did MUST have been true or why else would people have fought so hard against it? It was so amazing. We were just like "Yeah. Yeah that's right."
  • Our part-member family we try to work with in the other Ward let us over the other day and the lesson was incredible!!! My little Sister McSweeney is getting really good at teaching the Restoration according to personal needs. It was so great, they asked us if we could make a regular thing of the lessons. :)
  • Sister McSweeney and I discovered that there is Cob's bread in Sherwood Park...so..... #saygoodbyetomywaistline #tendermercies #justlikeGreenfielddays

Well I guess that's it then. Have a swell week :)
Love ya!!

Sister Whiting

Cob's bread is a miracle from heaven!!!!

Us at the Dykstras

No comments:

Post a Comment